Thursday 16 April 2020

Letter about lock-down.


Letter about lock-down

These past two or three weeks have been tough, but my family and I have been doing all right. This past month has made me realise that if we want to get through this we have to work together and stay safe. Mum and dad are a part of essential services so they have to go to work every now and then. The hardest thing or two about staying at home are probably the fact that Izzy throws tantrums all the time ( I don’t think she's coping very well ) and that I don’t get to see my friends face to face, but I suppose at the moment it’s all for the better. I think it is GREAT that the boys are home, and that I’m nearly taller than Ben and can NEARLY beat him in a tackle ( on a good day ). It was pretty cool that the Easter Bunny left the easter eggs in the garage! The item of technology that has helped me the most is probably my Cromebook and the TV. My Chromebook because it has helped me with my learning, and the TV because it has given me and my family updates and warnings about this pandemic AND becouse we can do church Zoom. The books I have just finished reading were a bit of the series ‘’the Cul-de-sac kids’’, the best one out of those I read was probably the case of Case-d-luc. What is Case-d-luc spelt backward!?! The book I am reading NOW is called ‘’ the secret agent, and other spy kids.’’ At the moment my favourite show on netflix is called ‘’the expanding universe of Ashley Garsea’’ I think that's how it’s spelt. I am hopefully going to learn ''the arm swing'' with the nun-chuks and a few bits and pieces here and there with the Pai. I don’t really have anything else to say except...Bye!
                                                           Lucy Boere.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy, it’s so great to hear of all the things you are doing to keep yourself busy during lockdown, we are lucky that we have technology to help us.
    Don’t worry, tantrums are perfectly normal, there’s quite few that happen at my house too!
    The Case-d-luc is super clever - and you live on one too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.