Wednesday 10 February 2021

Waitangi day 2021

Since the start of school Miss Panther has been teaching us about Te Tiriti O Waitangi, or The Treaty Of Waitangi. Something I learned about the treaty of Waitangi was that Henry and Edward William were the two men to translate The Treaty. The Maori had no written language, so I imagine I wouldn't have worked out anyway. Henry and Edward Translated the Treaty wrong, so the Maori were signing to more power the British government had over them. 

Here are some photos of my mahi.





2 comments:

  1. Lucy,there is a lot of useful information in here. This is an excellent blog post, I hope to see more soon.
    - Atawhai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy ka mau te pai (excellent) facts and I like the way you have put the information into your own words.

    Miss Leigh

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.